5th November every other year: Bonfire Night.
5th November 2020: the start of lockdown 2.
Pre-COVID, Bonfire Night was celebrated with family and friends, getting cosy in front of a giant bonfire before watching a fantastic firework display at your local venue. Unfortunately, no huge celebrations are allowed.
This year, even meeting up with your family who don't live in the same household as you is against the Government's guidelines! A lot of people will be getting their own fireworks for a mini fireworks display in their garden as an alternative.
To make the evening as Bonfire-Night-like as possible, here's a delicious coffee recipe for a Fireside Coffee. Make a cup of this for everyone in your house while watching yours or your neighbours' firework displays and it'll give you that warm, cosy feeling!
Fireside Coffee Recipe
What You Will Need:
- 305g powdered non-dairy creamer
- 230g instant hot chocolate mix
- 230g instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
What You Need To Do:
- Mix together the creamer, hot chocolate mix, instant coffee, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into a jar and seal with a lid.
- Stir 3 teaspoons of mixture into 240ml of hot water per serving.
- Adjust mixture to water ratio to taste and enjoy!
If you make one of these delicious Fireside Coffees, make sure to take a picture and tag us on our social medias
Don't forget to stay safe and enjoy!